Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Restricted Stocks and Living Trusts

Now that I just hit the big 4 0 ( age 40 ) last week. My finances are more pressing than usual. Everything from investments to where and whom I leave my possessions to. Fortunate I am able to follow up or keep up to date by reading up on Restricted Stock and Living Trust for such matters.


Restricted Stocks is an stock option for me that I could invest into. Restricted Stock is exactly what it means. It is similiar to a 401k plan. Do not cash out prior to the date specified otherwise you will receive penalties. Pretty much you have to wait a certain time period and or achieve a goal before cashing out. Prior to selling you must notify Securities and Exchange Commission ( SEC ) of the sale of the stock


A living will is something I must get in order sooner than later. I do like what a living trust allows and the benefits. I can or able to handle and or disperse my finaces and or possesion. I can act as the trustor, trustee and beneficiary. Assests in the living trust may be distrubuted more quickly when the trustee passes on. And with a trust, the costs to the beneficiary are much lower as opposed to probate costs. So I primarily like the flexibility and control one has with a living trust verses a will or probate.


Restricted stocks and living trust help me manage my finances with more ease and less worries. In the long I know it will help benefit not just me but all those who I love and are involved with.

No comments: